UConn Women's Basketball vs Villanova
The UConn Women's Basketball team will play their 2021-22 season at both the XL Center and Gampel Pavilion. This season there are scheduled to be 7 games played in Hartford at the XL Center.
Health & Safety
UConn Athletics will require fans attending home athletics contests to show proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72-hours prior to game time. The new requirements will go into effect for the women’s basketball game against Xavier on Saturday, January 15, 2022 and will apply to all individuals, including UConn students, aged 12 and over.
Fans attending UConn home athletics contests are encouraged to arrive early in order to expedite the entry process. As a reminder, doors open 60-minutes prior to game time at the XL Center.
- Patrons will be required to provide proof of vaccination in either physical or digital form. A person is considered to be fully vaccinated by CDC standards two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).
- It is recommended that fans planning to attend UConn Athletics events visit the CT WiZ web portal to easily access their digital vaccination record. Individuals who received their vaccination in the state of Connecticut will be able to download or print a digital vaccination record in a few easy steps.
- Proof of vaccination can also be demonstrated either by displaying a CDC-issued Vaccination Record Card or a photo of the card.
- Unvaccinated fans will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test, administered by a medical professional, within the last 72 hours. Negative PCR or rapid antigen tests will be accepted, but an at-home test will not. Proof of a negative test will be accepted in both physical and digital form.
- Fans will also need to provide a form of identification, which corresponds to the vaccination or negative test record.
- Individuals who have previously received a medical or religious exemption will also need to display a negative COVID-19 test.
Fans who are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not attend a UConn athletics contest, and all attendees aged two and over will be required to wear a face covering unless actively eating or drinking.
For more info visit the Health & Safety page on our website.
The Schedule for Games Played at the XL Center:
- November 14 vs Arkansas- 1 PM
- January 15 vs Xavier- 12 PM
- February 6 vs Tennessee- 12 PM
- February 9 vs Villanova-7 PM
- February 20 vs Georgetown- 2 PM
- February 23 vs Marquette- 7 PM
- February 25 vs St. Johns- 7 PM
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 7:00 PM Add to Calendar