XL Center Policies
Due to increased security screening, including metal detection of entrants, XL Center management strongly requests that all guests arrive 45-60 minutes prior to all scheduled event times to avoid and/or minimize waiting lines.
Guests are also reminded that bags, backpacks, luggage, laptops, tablets/iPads, coolers, parcels, briefcases and like articles will be strictly prohibited from the facility. All guests will be subject to search, at XL Center’s discretion, of their person and/or possessions (including women’s handbags of normal size that may be allowed entry after such search).
Patrons with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances and no storage or check area will be provided for such items. Enforcement will be without exceptions.
*All ITEMS brought into the arena are subject to search.
See Prohibited Items List below. List subject to change at discretion of arena management*
ALL ITEMS brought into the arena are subject to inspection. For safety reasons the following list of items are not permitted in the arena and may be confiscated. Items that are confiscated will not be returned.
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to: (guns, knives/pocketknives, multi-tools, chains, spikes, projectiles, tasers, mace/pepper spray)
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Bags, backpacks or briefcases
- Outside Food and/or beverages
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs or other illegal substances
- Laptop computers and/or tablets/iPad
- Professional cameras, cameras with detachable lenses, audio/video equipment of any kind
- Skateboards, Heelys, hover boards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles
- Sticks or poles of any size
- Selfie Sticks, monopods and/or tripods
- Golf umbrellas
- Laser pointers or similar items
- Artificial noisemakers of any kind, including but not limited to: (drums,air horns,whistles)
- Glow sticks or any kind of glow jewelry
- Devices that light up or emit noise
- Large banners or any sign attached to a stick or pole
- Inappropriate attire or signage including full facial coverings such as masks
- Any item deemed to be potentially dangerous or distracting by arena management, team, or show production.
*The XL Center reserves the right to prohibit any item including items not listed above, from entering the premises based on any particular show request or requirement.
Once Guests enter the XL Center Veterans Memorial Coliseum for an event they are not allowed to leave and then return for that same event.
Guests are not allowed to smoke in the XL Center Veterans Memorial Coliseum or Exhibition Center. For Coliseum events, the outside Smoking Area is located behind Section 112, which may or may not be available.
Cameras & Video Equipment Policy
Single-frame and flash photography are allowed. Cameras with detachable lenses are not allowed. Video cameras and hand-held video equipment are prohibited. Neither lighting nor camera support pods are permitted to be used by Guests at the XL Center. Camera equipment may not obstruct the view or path of travel of others. Fans are not allowed to reproduce or re-broadcast any film of events, concerts or UConn games for commercial purposes without the expressed written consent of the XL Center, University of Connecticut, and/or the NCAA.
All forms of video and motion-picture cameras are strictly prohibited.
Promoters of events at the XL Center may ban the use of all cameras for specific shows. Check event listings for details.
A first aid station is located on the coliseum concourse behind Section 113.
Food & Beverage
The XL Center, through its authorized representative, has exclusivity over all food and beverages consumed throughout the XL Center. No outside food or beverages are permitted into the XL Center.
Programs, Novelties, etc.
All programs, novelties, T-shirts, souvenirs, etc. must be sold by the XL Center or its authorized representatives. All such merchandise must be consigned over to the XL Center or it authorized representative before the event.