What does it mean to really be GREAT? Sure, there are common industry standards on what is expected (clean, safe, etc.), but in the end, the answer is relative, customizable, and, in many cases, personal.
At the XL Center, we strive to be GREAT -- to win, to be innovative, and to be industry leading. It starts with our entrepreneurial mindset and translates into customer service. The GREAT program, is a new part time employee incentive program for the Guest Services and Security Staff. Each month, there will be a chosen employee showcased for providing fans with GREAT service.
GREAT EXPERIENCE stands for:
G = Greet the customer
R = Relate with a friendly question
E = Explore the options
A = Address and respond to their needs
T = Thank the customer and make them feel appreciated
JANUARY EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH:
- Title: Event Security
- XL Center Team Member Since: October 2018
- What Was Your Favorite Event Working Here: Any Hockey game. I played hockey my whole life.
- What Do You Like Best About Working At The XL Center: You get a sense that upper management actually cares about the employees which is not the case everywhere.
- Favorite Sports Team: New York Rangers
- Favorite Food: Lamb Chops
- Best Gift You Ever Received: Ice level tickets to a Rangers/Bruins game
- If You Could Vacation Anywhere in the World Where Would You Go: Greek Islands
- If You Could Have Dinner With Anyone Dead or Alive Who Would It Be With: Wayne Gretzky
- What Is Your Hidden Talent: Fixing things around the house
- Favorite Movie: Miracle